GGN press release 2018!
The best line-up ever in both Men and Women!
With only a month until the 35:th year of Gotland Grand National at Tofta Skjutfält it´s a record in number of participating Nations. It is today 19 different Nations coming to GGN and Gotland this October.
- All these classes, amateur 50-59 years, amateur 60+, amateur ladies and military are driving on Friday 26th of October at 12.30 pm. We have moved these competitors to Friday to get better conditions for the riders. This means that about 1700 are starting on Saturday instead of 2300 riders.
- GGN is this year I part of the new World Enduro Super Series WESS with 8 other countries. This is the participating countries in order; Portugal, Austria, France, Rumania, Polen, Great Britain, Gotland and finally Holland. This is the results with two races left:
Billy Bolt (Husqvarna – GB) 4060pts; 2. Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM – GER) 3935pts; 3. Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 3320pts; 4. Wade Young (Sherco) 3220pts; 5. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM – POL) 2985pts; 6. Jonny Walker (KTM – GB) 2900pts; 7. Nathan Watson (KTM – GB) 2778pts; 8. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna – GB) 2768pts; 9. Paul Bolton (KTM – GB) 2752pts; 10. Lars Enockl (Gas Gas – AUT) 2076pts
This is some of the top riders from Scandinavia who can give the foreign riders a good competition. Kjetil Gundersen Norway, Albin Elowson Sweden, Mats Nilsson Sweden, Joakim Ljunggren Sweden, Adam Andersson Sweden.
– “GGN have ever seen such line-up as we have in 2018, says Conny Bohlin from Nordic Sport & Event”.
– In ladies Elite we meybe also have the strongest line-up ever with names as Hanna Berzelius, Emelie Karlsson, Emmily Smalsjö, Martina and Emilia Reimander.
- Overall the organizer has looked over the whole area with traffic, entrance and parking to get the best flow at Tofta Skjutfält for both riders and audience.
- Before noon at Friday will Guldhjälm (only for Swedish riders), youth and Veteran have their race at the same time, but at different courses. That because of the other new amateur start at 12.30pm.
- The GGN track is about 20 kilometers and have been fixed during 5 days with a local entrepreneur. The course has been expanded and the holes have been filled, all this to get the course in the best shape as it has been in over 20 years.
- SVT Sport will broadcast live at Saturday 27th of October between 9.30am-noon, and again between 1pm-4pm. It will also be a summary on Sunday 28th of October for 30 minutes. In 2017 over 560.000 people watched GGN at SVT Sport.
- Red Bull Media House are coming from France with 20 persons to spread GGN in the hole world through their channels.
– “The Organization around GGN are really looking forward to this year’s race as the big names in Enduro are coming to Gotland. This mix of riders in the elite class together with youth and amateurs are a really good match, says Conny Bohlin”.
Today 26th of September are it is a total of 2905 registered riders and it will end up In about 3100-3200 in total when the competition starts.
For more information contact: